Holistic Rehab: How Thailand Helps Addicts Re-connect With the World
what is a holistic rehab?
These alternative practices are used to supplement the formal course of psychological therapy that rehab clients undergo on their road to recovery. Such a strategy helps to ensure that you remain balanced, grounded, and motivated by positive experiences throughout your progress.
What to expect from holistic rehab centres?
Traditional vs. holistic rehab centre
The effectiveness of a holistic approach to addiction treatment
- Alleviate physical symptoms of addiction and withdrawal during detox
- Uncover and heal emotional wounds that may have formed the root of your addiction
- Improve eating habits to help restore chemical balance in the brain
- Relieve emotional stress and blockage that may accompany your addiction
- Make you feel more at ease and relaxed, so you can respond better to treatment
- Build the capacity to cope with challenges and obstacles during treatment
- Provide a healthy outlet for communication and expression of your feelings
- Increase awareness in your body, to give you a better understanding of how your compulsive behaviours play out
Thailand - world’s top rehab destination
How holistic rehab in Thailand works
|Spiritual Practices||Physical Wellness||Experiential Therapies|
|Yoga||Fitness exercise||Art therapy|
|Breathing exercises||Outdoor therapy||Music therapy|
|Relaxation techniques||Thai boxing||Animal-assisted therapy|
|Spa and massage therapy||Body mapping|
Benefits of holistic rehab in Thailand
- Return to a place of spiritual peace and balance
- Build a strong physical and mental concentration through body-based activities
- Restore any nutritional deficiencies through a healthy diet of Thai dishes
- Receive treatment in scenic locations in the mountains or a seaside setting
- Learn effective ways to relieve stress and prevent relapse in the long run
- Eliminate unhealthy habits, create a healthier self-image and improve overall mental and physical health
- Explore new interests and engage with the world through the many different activities Thailand has to offer
How much does holistic rehab cost?
Rehab centres that properly integrate holistic elements into a full course of psychological treatment tend to be on the mid- to higher end of the available price range. You can expect to pay US$10,000+ per 4-week period of integrated treatment at a holistic rehab centre in Thailand. It is worth noting that most rehabs in Thailand offer some holistic elements as part of their standard drug and alcohol addiction treatment programmes – although the extent of these can vary considerably from one centre to the next.
- Hardey, Sarah, and Scot Thomas. “The Effectiveness of Holistic Treatment Techniques in Drug Rehab.” American Addiction Center,https://americanaddictioncenters.org/rehab-guide/holistic.
- Patterson, Eric. “Holistic Drug Rehab Programs – What Is It? Will Insurance Cover It?”DrugAbuse.com, 12 June 2019,https://drugabuse.com/programs/holistic-rehab/.
- Traditional, Alternative, or Complementary Therapies, in Addiction Treatment (TATAC) Report: National and State Profiles.National Association of State Alcohol and Drug Abuse Directors, 2015, pp. 1–15,Traditional, Alternative, or Complementary Therapies, in Addiction Treatment (TATAC) Report: National and State Profiles.