Cost of Rehab in ThailandWhat to Expect When Paying for Addiction Treatment
From budget treatment in a rural monastery, to a luxury rehab retreat in the secluded mountains of Chiang Mai, Thailand has options for everyone. While treatment services in the West tends to be prohibitively expensive, Thailand provides luxury rehabilitation options starting at just over $12,000 per month.
The cost of medical detox
Some mid to high-end rehabilitation facilities in Thailand offer onsite detox, which is included in the cost of the programme. However, it is best to check with your provider to find out if there will be any additional costs associated with the detox procedure.
How long is detox?
The average cost of rehab
- Accommodation options vary between single and shared rooms. You will have to pay further costs if you wish to switch to a more spacious and comfortable type of accommodation, but many clients appreciate the upgrade.
- Most low-cost rehab options will lack basic resort facilities like swimming pools and fitness centres.
- It is unlikely your treatment plan will be personalised; however, you will still benefit from a range of treatment approaches, including group counselling as well as Cognitive Behavioural Therapy.
- Affordable rehab options are very popular in Thailand, as they offer great value compared to their Western equivalents.
- Expect to be housed in resort-style facilities with access to a swimming pool, a fitness centre, and recreational spaces.
- You will receive a good standard of medical care and a range of treatments.
- Set within quiet and peaceful sanctuaries in far-flung corners of the country, luxury rehab options in Thailand are becoming increasingly popular with international clients.
- Treatment programmes are applied in surroundings similar to five-star resorts, with outdoor pavilions, swimming pools, fitness centres, libraries, spas, and a host of other high-end amenities.
- Expect to benefit from personalised treatment programmes that incorporate cutting-edge and alternative methods of treatment.
- Certain monastery rehab in Thailand offer alternative forms of addiction treatment for free or for a small donation.
- This down-to-earth experience will see you staying in basic dormitory style accommodation without access to air conditioning or hot water.
- Treatment at these temples is unregulated and generally not recommended by medical professionals.